Friday, March 13, 2009

Verses from the Ridge



Behind the beyond obviousness of me,lost in these woods
The path I walked toldeth me not, the place it’s took.
Sitting at the edge of a ridge, overlooking this vale,
The lush green and fading light on the cliff other side,
Desperate for this moment, for a long time now,
If this earthly rubble looketh like paradise divine;
Mere words wouldn’t embrace thy everlasting home.
Felt not a clam; a calm so personal and deep.
This swift rift from those silent crowds,
Bringeth in me, a long lost stillness.
I fear lord; this silence engulfeth me.
My bad reputation lord; none believeth, I've spelt these words.
All I want to see; a decent melody out of my shattered certainties.
Gather my pieces Lord, and make me thy favorite pot,
Bleak tho` me, again in this place to grab 'tis essence.
Grant me lord; take this silence to my noisy loneliness.
I'd Asketh not for a halo lord ,but this joy for ever as this day.
Revealeth not my eternal blueprint ,mad will i be pondering over it.
Lost myself in dignity of this place
Time to move on, and face the realities of this world,
I take with me the assurance of thy mercy, peace ,and grace.




Michel .H. Ashton


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"take this silence to my noisy loneliness"-this line is very well written......
loneliness is noisy and disturbs us from carrying our routines, even disturbs from listening to God.Once when in a similar situation.......the Lord gave me this promise"Be still and know that I am God"; this silenced my soul and then I was able to hear Him and feel Him.